Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newton Game Dynamics - Linux Version

Newton Game Dynamics - Linux Version

Would you be able to do one for a simple FPS type, e.g. Sliding collision, Gravity (Going up and down steps, etc), Decals, etc..

I saw a similar demo on the Newtons download page but it uses some other language with most of the functions built in to an extra DLL :s
    M109uk
    <br />--------------------------------------------------------
    <br />www.pulse-soft.oneuk.com

Mrqzzz submited a GLScene FPS game for the competiion that included phyics by Newton ( IIRC ) Download it from
    http://www.plasmacode.com/modules.ph...download&cid=7
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by M109uk
    Would you be able to do one for a simple FPS type, e.g. Sliding collision, Gravity (Going up and down steps, etc), Decals, etc..
    Better leave the word "simple" out. Such a thing is called a "character-controller" and depending on how you like it to react can be much work. Basicly you create an ellipsoid that represensts your player, give it zero friction and move/rotate it depending on input. But that's just the basics.
    I've thought about putting together such a demo, but since it's not the easiest thing to do I dunno when/if I'll create such a thing. And btw. the newton tutorials include a simple character controller demo, written in C.

Well, I got finally around finished a started attempt at the character controller implementation using Newton and it now works like a charm and acts the way it should. Like the demos I've sent to savage it uses SDL and I'll upload it soon so you can see how a basic implementation of a character controller is done.

Sounds great Sascha. Look forward to the upload.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123