Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blueberry 3D Desktop

Blog Entries

WARNING: OFF-TOPIC

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    No idea. Haven't seen what XNA has to offer yet. The engine programmers are currently at Microsoft Meltdown 2005 over in the USA getting the scoop on how to use XNA and the Xbox 360, so I might have some more info when they come back.
    Hmm... it might currently be a bit out of the range of some of the technical knowlage of those here, but maybe you can write-up a little thing for us here at PGD about what you find out there?

It would be neat at least. Since so many use DirectX here it might be of some interest to see how XNA will be unfolded. And what applications it might have for budding Pascal developers.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blueberry 3D Desktop

I'm not actually going, so the information will be second hand. Plus it may be under NDA, so as to how much will be available to tell is unknown until the guys get back from the States.

Blog Entries

WARNING: BACK ON-TOPIC ;)

Well I wonder if this project was converted to FPC and was available for both Linux and Mac OS X aswell how that would effect the interest? OpenGL is already cross-platform so perhaps with a little reconstruction you could have your Win32 API units, Linux system units and MacOS X units organized in a fassion that allows for easy cross-compilation.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blueberry 3D Desktop

This kind of Desktop would be much more useful and easier to make for Linux, remember that X is just the window manager and can use GL, also it's organised in such a way that making a Desktop is really interesting and normal, would be verry cool to see such a project for Linux and why not *BSD and OSX, i think the Windows part is based on hacks and makes windows look strange, a real Desktop project has to control the looks of controls and at least window borders wich is kinda hard in windows but i think it's not impossible as i remember there was a project that changed nice themes in Win98.
    I agree that some better graphics are required and a smarter interface since usefullness is verry important, i was thinking a half 3D desktop would be more useful than a full 3D one, let's say make animated 3D icons and things like that, navigating between folders can be fun but you get borred easily, maybe make folders/files like drawers/books in a library or that kind of stuff.
    Just my 2c's
    The future must be... Fast and OpenSource so...
    <br />Think Open and Lightning Fast!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12