Thread: FPC 4 GBA Initiative Site

Blog Entries

FPC 4 GBA Initiative Site

Well I've been thinking for a while of how to best get the GameBoy Advance support for Free Pascal going. I had played wit hit myself and released some notes and even a little mini package for those interested, but that seemed somewhat insufficient. So... I put together a series of documents my own work and links, other tools and references to all the other material that may help and make a project site out of it.

Here is the result: fpc4gba.pascalgamedevelopment.com

The page is very basic right now, but contains all the information I have collected to-date.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Now that I have my degree in "directional techniques and management for small and average enterprises" ( ok, ok.. I know... maybe my translation is bad ops, I have some spare time to waste in this project
    I'm starting from 0, so your work will be useful!
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Uh so that means... you'll tinker with my code? :? Actually honestly I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. Please do try to explain.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    Uh so that means... you'll tinker with my code? :? Actually honestly I don't have a clue what you are trying to say here. Please do try to explain.
    Ops... Sorry, I need an English teacher... ops:
    BTW... yes, I'll try to make a working fpc compiler for gba, starting from your code. That's all
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

It might be a good idea to try to get it working with FPC 2.0. The older version that I used might not be so readily available on sourceforge anyhow. I doubt that that much has changed anyways.

The only issue is the 'compiler.pas', 'cputarg.pas' and 'systems.pas' files may have changed since the 1.9.6 version to 2.0.0. So you may have to spot what changes I made to them and reflect that in the newer 2.0 versions of the files.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder