Thank you all for posting.

@cairnswm
Because of the lack of feedback I stopped writting articles. I dont see anyone actually reading them, and of the three I wrote this year I got 2 messages about the first and nothing else
When it comes to articles or tutorials, feedback is a must. Unfortunately as you make clear with this example. We get very little. Perhaps the audience is again too small. And of the few that actually do read it (because they have an interest in the matter), only one or two take the time to write something.
Its becoming a vicious circle: no feedback on articles means less interest in writing a new article. No new articles means less visitors to the site. Less visitors, less feedback etc etc.

WILL has indeed done a lot for PGD. However, where WILL came in the picture, people like BlueCat just... vanished.

@{MSX} I think you are right when it comes to the number of active people. My estimates were a bit overestimated. 800 people may have subscribed, but as the memberpage clearly shows, only a little under 450 people have actually written a post. In fact only 225 members have written 5 posts or more.

You also have a point about the threads of interest, I too find it hard to reply to some topics. Some simply dont have my interest, others have questions I find myself unable to answer.

@Paulius
I visit cgtalk (a cg site where people post 2d/3d art) quite often and you see a lot of "good job" posts there. Sometimes one image gets 5 or 6 pages stuffed with 'well done' and 'good job' posts, in just a day or two!

While the posts do get tiresome to read after a while, and actually don't have anything constructive to add, it is IMO so much better than to see that only one or two have replied to your message.

Also a negative, but well argumented reply is IMO better than no reply at all.

@Sly
Your position applies to a lot of us I think. Myself included. Although rules for installing software aren't that strict, in my case.

@cairnswm
The replies at Nag were actually the reason for this post, because it actually annoyed me that the (constructive) replies there outnumbered the replies here.
You see, if you count all posts here and at NAG (of the 4E4 entry), excluding your own, NAG posts win by 10%. Infact, in terms of constructive posts, bugs 'n ideas that sort of things, NAG is clearly better.

We have also lost a lot of our old regulars - TheLion, Alimonster are two that I seriously miss. Momor, Bluecat are another two that I cant remember when I last saw.
Very true! Question is why did they leave? Is it reallife issues or did they find a new home?

@lief
Perhaps you are right about the number of different categories. It is something we have discussed earlier. However, at the time it seemed like a logical step. And I'm not sure we can easily change that now.