hi traveller, cairns. i see you around, even if you don't see me.
nice job on the shooter comp entry cairns (mine is still around, i didn't worry about trying to finish it in the 2 weeks i had, its a longer term project)
i stop in here at least 3 - 4 times a day, mainly for the forums. i skim the new posts looking for any newbies I can help etc but my focus is fairly limited - delphi (general), delphiX (i no longer use it but did for about 3 or 4 years), asphyre (my current wrapper - its brilliant... not sure i'm liking pro as much as the last 1.5 versions, its geared too much to 3d i think, and its also lost the mouse delta variable in input, replaced with a tkeyboard component), fmod ... and any 2d graphics questions at all.
i posted in the ai section a while back just hoping to get a few replies and a discussion happening, but nothing.
problem with forum: its too categorized.... makes it seem like a vast wasteland, there aren't enough regular posters to support such a system.
pull them back to broader sections (delphi, free pascal, sound, 2d, 3d, ai, offtopic) and most things fit in there somewhere, it also groups the users together more.
but like i said, i see a few of you around in surprising places, and i should say hello more often (hi, my name is lief, i live in australia, delphi game maker for 6-7 years now, contract artist for nintendo DS developer - im interested in 2d programming, pretty effects, AI & romantic walks on the beach

bye.