Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with PGD?

What is the deal with PGD?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulius
    @WILL: What did you find of a joking nature in me saying that it's good to see BlueCat back? Enough boasting how good of an admin you are, better go and fix what needs fixing
    See I've only posted twice and I'm already causing trouble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Notice the extra smilies just so you know I'm joking)

You know, Eriken would have something funny to say at this point, if he were here.... :right: :? :left: :? :right: :scratch:

Lifepower - I'm still a massive advocate of Delphi. I am also an advocate of SDL, and when I can get my arse into gear and learn OpenGL I dare say that will become a major part of my programming agenda. FPC does seem interesting but I guess I'm set in my ways with Delphi. I have Delphi 7 adn 2005 but I'm still using Delphi 4. I jumped from Delphi 1 to Delphi 4 and have stayed there ever since. A transition to a new Delphi would be time consuming but to migrate to FPC for no good reason (Not good for me anyway, I'm sure the FPC guys all had very good reasons) seems a wasted effort. When I want to write multi format code I will endeavor to learn FPC but until then I see no point. GO Delphi!
    Isometric game development blog http://isoenginedev.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat
    See I've only posted twice and I'm already causing trouble
    I can see why you miss the good old days, you wouldn't have needed to post twice to cause problems back then
    _____
    Eriken

(I'm abit out of the loop too)

Quote Originally Posted by Eriken
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat
    See I've only posted twice and I'm already causing trouble
    I can see why you miss the good old days, you wouldn't have needed to post twice to cause problems back then
    _____
    Eriken

(I'm abit out of the loop too)
    Eriken you old fruit!!! :cherry:

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist that :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should probably leave this thread alone and start a new one for missing Lions, Alimonsters, Momors, etc.

Oh man, I should've started this thread way sooner. See what good things are coming from it

I'm very pleased to see all you folks back!

And please, do keep the opinions coming!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crisp_N_Dry
    A transition to a new Delphi would be time consuming but to migrate to FPC for no good reason (Not good for me anyway, I'm sure the FPC guys all had very good reasons) seems a wasted effort. When I want to write multi format code I will endeavor to learn FPC but until then I see no point.
    Not picking at your point, but this brings up a point of interest. Not all FPC users were direct from Delphi users. I'm sure alot of them were Turbo Pascal users though. :lol: Yep it's that old of a compiler. I'd challange to say that it's about as old as Delphi it's self.

Eriken! Good to see you back my old friend.

Now all we need is Alimonster to reappear. TheLion and Mormor have been here off and on, if not of late. Ali has never been here.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

i'd say its a lot older than delphi...
    i believe its what they coded in during the french revolution.

I've reverted to lurking, as I've been a little busy, and still find time here and there to mess with Delphi and FPC. I still read the forum at least twice a week though.

I actually made a minor convert to Pascal lately and created with him a REALLY simple hack'n'slash RPG, though it's really limited. He's done pretty well, and I've been busy since then.

(Back from 4 days away)

I am a Delphi Fan. I am not a FreePascal fan and I am the second most common poster on the boards. I have previously been critical of the switch from DGDev to PGD - I'm trying to point out that the regulars here are no pro-freepascal.

However - since switching to SDL (which in my mind is the best beginner DELPHI library) - I have been encouraged to start looking cross platform by the efforts of others on this board.

As can be seen from the replies on this post - we have a lot of lurkers - how do we make them post more?

Interestingly that its starting to look eliteist - maybe I should stop posting :evil: . I am the biggest supporter of Beginners - my GLXtreem articles were aimed at beginners - where other than my web page will you find more complete source for games? :?: :?: :?:
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

I'd stop lurking if I had the time to work on a project and get a few screens out. You know that. I posted my stuff a while back when I was messing around with FPC and GL, and when I messed with a text style RPG.

I still use Delphi, and will continue to do so for some time. I was experimenting in FPC however, and seeing if I could switch over.

I don't think it's elitist, it's a great community!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast