Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What is the deal with PGD?

What is the deal with PGD?

Quote Originally Posted by lief
    traveller: i apologize (seriously)
    Accepted, but really there's little need to offer apologies at this point. The way I see it, it was just a misunderstanding.

Robert, humour me and stop the nonsense about me being too serious.
    And as for your reply, not everyone has withnessed the merger between DG and DGDev. People new to the Delphi scene, never even heard about DG or DGDev.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kosek
    *cough* You seem to have pulled me from my "hidey hole", and back into posting...
    Mission completed I'd say

Lifepower, thanks for your suggestions. I hope WILL's making notes

Is there really that much Delphi related news about games? I've never felt that borland supported game dev with Delphi until the PGD contest where they gave us a really decent prize.

If there is too much FreePascal here for new people then maybe WILL and savage should start making a point of having a few news posts each week that say DELPHI in the title.

If you want nor game related delphi nes take a look at:
    http://delphi.newswhat.com/geoxml/home
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Lifepower, thanks for your suggestions. I hope WILL's making notes
    Indeed, I surely am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Actually, I think what you lack on the front page of PGD (news) is direct Delphi-related issues. There're many stuff related to .NET, then FreePascal / cross-platform and so on. I don't know if Delphi + Win32 (not .NET) is still very common (I still think it's great platform which will still continue to exist for many years) but this is surely difficult to see from the front page.
    Well it's true that it's rather varried on that front page. But counting now there are about 6 Delphi exclusive or Delphi compatable tools/libraries posted news items. And about 9 non-Delphi related items. 6:9 isn't bad.

Breaking it down:

If you look at the news items you'll notice amoung them are Afterwarp's Asphyre component, Jaro's UnDelphiX, Borland's CEO, Omega and Vampyre Imaging Library. All Delphi compatable and some Delphi-exclusive libraries.

Adventure Fishing 2 was made using Delphi.

Ok so about half of the news is Delphi related. Thats not bad. Considering A) There really isn't that much Delphi news being created all the time. B) There are lots of other Pascal and game development things that have nothing to do with Delphi and C) I report what I find and think it news worthy and there hasnn't been that much Delphi specific stuff out there.

We only have myself and sometimes, due to other real life related time constraints, savage and Sascha posting news. Considering that I'm the only one regularly posting news this really only applies to me, but if we do not find it, we will not post it. I also post what I like as do most news reporters in a regualr news paper. If you want more news then we need more reporters don't you think?

Any volinteers? [size=9px]I'm serious becasue we are taking resumes soon.[/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Also, additional suggestion for the site is to create [b]categorized ] for many useful things - something similar to the one on Turbo. Some stuff might not be exactly in Pascal, but could be helpful as reference. For instance, few links about 3D math, some links about graphics effects, something for networking, etc. Right now the links section is more like a set of banners but I think well categorized list could be really helpful for people looking for specific info in particular.
    I honestly think that the Library is being ignored for some odd reason. :? It's mostly filled with links to other sites, all very useful, that ontain all of this great information. Yes, it's articles only and if you look on the Links site you'll find either Game Developers or Tool/Library developers. I think for the most part it will cover it all[size=9px](provided that the developers make tab banners for the page to be added)[/size]. ie. Clootie, Sulaco, OpenGL, FMOD, etc...

In fact I just added about 3 or so Code Optimization articles locally to the Library and there are 2 more to come as soon as I can fix up the HTML on them. [size=9px](Thanks to technomage. Sorry 'bout the wait, mate. )[/size]
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456