Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The old fruits topic.. (BlueCat!!!)

The old fruits topic.. (BlueCat!!!)

I signed up for a Bachelor study (I-Tracks to be more specific). If I'm done I'll have a Bachelors degree and I'll be a Software Developer. Basically it's a study where I have to go to school 1 day a week (at least during the first year, second year I'll have to go 2 days a week) and the rest I'll have to do on my own! After being at home for 3 years I didn't feel like going back to an "old-fashioned" school where you have to be present 5 days a week for 8 hours a day... so I decided on doing it like this!

hehe, yeah WoW is addictive... but I think I have enough discipline to do my school work first! We'll see... I told my parents already that if they noticed it went wrong with school + WoW that they should be honest with me and tell me to stop my subscription to WoW... however I normally play with a group of friends and almost all of them work during the day time, so if they can combine it ... I should be able to do the same! hehe (I hope) hehe

P.S. You also play WoW? If so on what realm do you play on?
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Ah, my job here is done! :twisted:

So many secret projects.. care to share abit Traveler? As in.. is it a game and is it in Pascal? Congrats on your 500th post

Playing games and attending school.. hehe, there's a good mix.. I remember once me and a friend played X-Com all night at school (he had keys), and when the class started next morning we were so tired that we went home instead :twisted: Those were the days.. And then there was Civilization..

And if anyone runs into TheLion on WoW, give him a good beating from me
    _____
    Eriken

Quote Originally Posted by Eriken
    Playing games and attending school.. hehe, there's a good mix..
    That's what I used to do when I was attending university. Go to uni during the day for a couple of hours, then play games the rest of the time. Mind you, by the third year of uni I was starting to fail subjects and in fourth year I dropped out, but I now consider that the time spent gaming while at uni was preparation for my later career as a game developer.

P.S. I never did finish the university course.

Sounds great theLion! I wish you good luck with your study!

Quote Originally Posted by theLion
    P.S. You also play WoW? If so on what realm do you play on?
    Yeah I play WoW too I'm playing in realms Dragonblight (lvl36 Druid) and Aggramar (lvl16 Warlock).
    However, gametime expired 5 days ago, so I can't login atm. (Which is actually a good thing )

So many secret projects.. care to share abit Traveler?
    Well not too much as I have promised myself not to reveal anything till I have at least 25~30% done. I hate to have another abandoned project, but if it does happen, well lets say it makes it more bearable if nobody knows about it

Anyways, I'm following the same path as cairnswm. And with that I mean, I'm working on a entry for GDnet's 4E4 contest. I'm doing fairly well, about 1 hour worth of coding each day, 2 sometimes 3 on good days. I'm aiming for a 70~80%completed isometric engine by the end of this month, leaving 3 months for the actual game.
    Difficult part will again be graphics, especially with the elements DGNet has choosen and the high standards I've set for myself. :?

Congrats on your 500th post
    thanks!

Hi LION!!!!

You've always been in a realm of your own :lol:

Good to see you old friend. Great news about the degree course, I'm sure one day a week won't be too hard for you

Let's hope it doesn't take as long to get as your driving licence :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Of course you know I already have a degree and hope to be a software developer when I grow up :viking:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCat
    Good to see you old friend.
    Good to see you too m8!

Let's hope it doesn't take as long to get as your driving licence :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    :twisted: Yeah that did take long didn't it? :twisted: Thank god I can always claim there where circumstances why it took so long! hehe

Of course you know I already have a degree and hope to be a software developer when I grow up :viking:
    I still have a great feeling about you and the Software Development industry... So I think you'll make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Sounds great TheLion! I wish you good luck with your study!
    Thanks! I'm gonna need it! hehe

Yeah I play WoW too I'm playing in realms Dragonblight (lvl36 Druid) and Aggramar (lvl16 Warlock).
    Cool! I play around 3 or 4 characters on Aggramar! My mains are a lvl 44 elf warrior and a level 39 human warrior!

However, gametime expired 5 days ago, so I can't login atm. (Which is actually a good thing )
    hehe too bad! Any side effects for not playing a few days
    Do it by the book, but be the author!
    <br />
    <br />Visit the Lion Productions website at:
    <br />http://lionprod.f2o.org

Quote Originally Posted by theLion
    hehe too bad! Any side effects for not playing a few days
    No, not really . Its just that I can nolonger be tempted to start WoW right now
    And as long as my friends don't ask me too often to buy a new gamecard, I probably wont. Not until the 4E4 contest is over.

I've avoided WoW from the beginning.. I tend to launch Diablo 2 LOD if I need to kill something..

Usually I'll normally have a "No I don't want start with WoW"-discussion with a friend or 2 during the week.. But it's kinda funny, today I had a "WoW"-discussion with my littlesister (she's 13).. Apparently the boys she hangs out with also talks about WoW alot, so I guess most guys today play WoW.. Even 13 year olds..

So please.. PLEASE tell me if you get slained by a 13 year old kid, heheh.. I will of course never let you forget.. I guess there is another reason for not playing.. 13 year old wannabes.. eeeeeeewwwwwww

WoW is apparently a hit.. hehe..
    _____
    Eriken

Quote Originally Posted by TheLion
    I still have a great feeling about you and the Software Development industry... So I think you'll make it!
    Well I've had my BSc for 4 years now and so far I've earned a total of zero money in software development That's 90% down to my own choices, like putting being with my family before any job, and the other 10% is due to there being about 3 jobs in software within 100 miles of where I live at any point in time!!

I really want to make a living working at home either in game dev or other software. Besides, my CV doesn't look so good these days since I gave up on a soul destroying career and chose to be poor and happy :lol:

Seriously though, I worked hard for four years to get my degree and really want to put the skills I learned to good use. I've been away from coding for too long now.... but the cat's still got it :twisted:

Anyone else wasting their education? :lol: :lol:

Oh just me then, I thought so :lol:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast