Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista

Blog Entries

Windows Vista

Well looks like Microsoft's next version of the Windows client, known to many of us as Longhorn will be called Windows Vista! The official name was announced on Friday without many more details.

The new 64-bit operating system is set to be available as Beta for developers on the 3rd of August.

Read more at www.microsoft.com!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Windows Vista

I can see the wide open security holes- err, vistas now.

Windows Vista

They named it Vista?? :shock:

VISTA,
    [size=9px]vista[/size],
    [size=18px]Vista[/size],
    Viiista,
    vissta,
    Vistaa
    [size=8px]VISTA[/size]
    VISta

Nope,.. no matter how its said, it still sounds bad.

They should've kept Longhorn

Windows Vista

and theyve allready been sued over the name

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    They named it Vista?? :shock:
    {snip}
    They should've kept Longhorn
    That would just sound too Texan. As if most people didn't already think they were a bunch of cowboys :twisted: .
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Windows Vista

what a retarded name..
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by savage
    That would just sound too Texan. As if most people didn't already think they were a bunch of cowboys :twisted: .
    I thought only two things came from Texas: steers and queers. Wasn't that what the movie said?

Windows Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Sly
    Quote Originally Posted by savage
    I thought only two things came from Texas: steers and queers. Wasn't that what the movie said?
    The full quote is...
    "only two things come from Texas : Queers and Steers and I don't see no horns on you"

Thinks it is from Officer and a Gentlemen.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Windows Vista

Well, I don't remember what was the codename of Windows XP (maybe same story?) but the name hardly matters here. I'm just not being too optimistic about it, but the time (and experience) will tell...

P.S. Few interesting facts:

a) Every time I do a fresh install of Windows XP (exactly same configuration options) - it behaves differently after install. Sometimes giving certain bugs while after another fresh install doesn't.

b) When I first got my hands on Win2k, it took 7 attempts to install it (it crashed either during install, locked up during hardware detection or failed to boot after restarting). Although it has been beaten up by Linux RedHat 7.1: 11 install failures, sometimes it crashed while booting from CD, sometimes in the middle.

For some unknown reasons I had no further problems with installing both WinXP and Linux last year on exactly the same machine (until it died due to lightning three days ago )

Windows Vista

Found the one I was thinking of. Full Metal Jacket.
    http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/fullmetaljacket.htm

"Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast