Thread: Selling on Indievania - what do you think?

Selling on Indievania - what do you think?

I must say that I'm quite tempted to sell my games (when I'll make something noteworthy) on Indievania site. What do you think of this service? Did anyone here have experience with selling with it (pascal games or not) and if so, what are profits and your opinions?

Blog Entries
    Well what tools are you using and what platforms are you targeting? I believe that Indievania is desktop only, but they do have a fairly decent sized calling of customers.

How serious are you about making money off your games? It may be worth looking at some simple market stuff to see where the money is for what you want to create.

Where can I sell my Indie PC game?: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Rebec...121115/181717/

The Big List of Indie Game Marketing: http://www.pixelprospector.com/the-b...ame-marketing/

For myself, I've been working intensely with Paul Nicholls on our first commercial release that we hope to release to the OUYA this summer. It's very challenging and it has cost me some for artwork, music and development/testing harware, but seeing the game come together and running on a physical device as a great reward. I think more of us PGD-ers should get out there and start selling their great works. The mobile and console market has never been so open right to us now either!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well, I target desktop only ATM, as mobile dev is pricey (apple dev license...). Also I've got good idea how I would market my game.

Thanks for links, will read them when going to my commercial project (SHL is non-commercial for obvious reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    For myself, I've been working intensely with Paul Nicholls on our first commercial release that we hope to release to the OUYA this summer. It's very challenging and it has cost me some for artwork, music and development/testing harware, but seeing the game come together and running on a physical device as a great reward. I think more of us PGD-ers should get out there and start selling their great works. The mobile and console market has never been so open right to us now either!
    Wow! That is great. When do we see some screenshots on PGD? Are you using pascal to create that game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wodzu View Post
    Wow! That is great. When do we see some screenshots on PGD? Are you using pascal to create that game?
    Well we keep running into problems the more we try to solve them so it's been a little rough lately. Right now we are dealing with some trippy ghosting problems that we can't explain and other scaling issues on specific hardware. Once our artist finishes this next milestone of work we will be able to show the game off as it will look initially.

And yes, we are using Oxygene for Java which is based on Object Pascal made to work with Java code conventions. It's actually pretty nice to use once you get used to a few new ways of doing things.

When we finally get these problems out of the way and the rest of the planned initial features we'll be releasing a demo of the game on the OUYA Store. Android is a problem because of poor performance issues. We're looking into trying to speed up the game on some of the lower-end mobile hardware.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder