Quote Originally Posted by davido View Post
I only play the games used, the new games are too expensive for me.
Lately I'm pretty much only buying Indie games. Quite often in Early Access stage. Why?
1. They are generally a lot cheaper so I can buy from 3 to 6 indie games for the same amount of money that I would have to pay for a single AAA title.
2. Believe it or not but quite many of these Indie games offered me more game-play enjoyment than similar AAA titles.
3. Indie developers are not afraid to try new things so you can find some unique gems amongst them while most AAA game development studios keep clinging to the already tried recipes that worked in the past which makes AAA games feel very similar to each other.
4. And finally the reason that is attracting me the most into Indie game scene is the fact that most Indie developers are not afraid to talk about how game mechanics in their games work. And with that information you can learn quite a lot about game development even without seeing a single line of games code. Not to mention that you could potentially learn from others mistakes so that when you go and start developing your own game you won't be repeating them.