Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
to take advantage of fpc on android you should really forget about JVM or DVM and instead go with pure native code. here is the easiest way that it can be done (this is a fairly new article): http://wiki.freepascal.org/Android
I couldn't disagree more. Java bytecode IS native on Android. Which CPU architecture would you support? And what others will you not let run your game? Android was designed to run Java not CPU specific code. If you want to be 100% native you need to generate Java bytecode.

Your suggested method of creating Android apps would leave other speific hardware out in the dark and that's not a good idea considering all the different hardware manufacturers that make Android devices out there. And who is to say that there won't be a change from ARM to x86 or something else?

The idea of only "native code" is the way to go should have went out the window when you decided "hey I'd like to make an Android game/app." Google made this a design choice when they designed the OS.

I can't subscribe to this idea as it's just making extra work to get the "sense" that you are making a better app than taking full advantage of what the Android OS provides as a platform. You shouldn't have to work so hard just to make it fit on a select few devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
you are wrong. Eclipse can debug the java code on the device out of the box. Put a break point and wait for the program to hit it.
Ok thanks! I was going to look into it eventually, but I hadn't gotten around to it.