Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
it is still by far not a bad choice. but what is THE best choice then?
btw we're going way off topic here=)
Oxygene. You can debug in the IDE right off the device as it runs. Hands down that makes all the difference. To compile for Android you need to make a seperate project from what you would run off your desktop to develop initially. And since the hardware requirements are vastly different for Android devices and of course the OUYA how else could you tell how well it performs or fix any platform/hardware speicifc issues unless you can debug while it's running in the exact environment you will deloy your app on.

Lazarus is great, I love it for desktop development on both Mac and Windows, (and I've had some fairly decent experiences on Linux too) but for mobiles it's not useful enough. You *can* do it, but it doesn't mean tyou *should* do it.

I wouldn't use Lazarus to make games for mobiles, I just wouldn't be able to make them stable and fine tuned enough for what quality I would want to produce games, so I can't suggest that others ignore this as well.

The right tool for the right job afterall.

So in saying that, you want to use Oxygene, especially if you plan on selling your games for profit. And the OUYA "Store" will be a great way for indies to make some money off their work. More so than any other platforms out there. Though Google Play and iTunes App Store are good markets, but more saturated than OUYA's offerings.

I don't think that even Ecplipse can debug on device. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would sincerely like to know if that's not the case. (Paul and I have even considered, but have not looking ointo Eclipse.)