Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk OUYA

hey congrats, hope you can tackle the ouya without any problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I have just got my OUYA! Will start experimenting right away=)
    Are you a kickstarter or have you just bought it now? I'm asking since I'm still waiting for mine.
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    Congrats, I got both my OUYAs myself. My backer OUYA finally arrived on the 8th and the one I ordered through Amazon.com (retail version) arrived yesterday.

It's a pain to setup though. Make sure you hook it up to Ethernet instead of playing with wifi because it's a pain. Even with the firmware update.

I'm not a huge fan of the d-pad's directional detection or the responsiveness of the O-U-Y-A buttons. But so far the few games I tried seem to play ok.

Apparently you can use a PS3 or XBox controller as well if you want, but you'd need to design your game to take advantage of these.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I am not a kickstarter backer but I did pre-order it. so far I had absolutely no problems, wifi works fine too. form a game developer's perspective I am a bit disappointed because while OUYA takes 30% of all the sales they still make you take care of all the sales taxes etc. so it's a lot more unpleasant than say publishing a game on google play. in fact it is already possible to install games from google play on OUYA.

the Ouya team did really bad thing to backers cause they could not produce enough to ship to backers and their sales partners, so sale partners are more important to them and alot of backers still wait

also what amazon did here in germany is a pain, its only the pre-order price but its about 120€ (~156$). as we calculated with the shipping and duty it would be around 92€ at max

after a few tries to connect to the ouya device I am giving up, at least for a while. it is very frustrating. first of all they do not supply a micro usb cable which is essential for development, so I had to use my android phone cable. then the thing just doesn't show up in the list of devices no matter what I try. I have read their very scarce documentation, followed the steps and no luck. all the other android devices that I have connect without any problems. if anyone else has any luck connecting to ouya let me know.

I think the overall impression is not too good. I definitely won't buy one. Here's a review: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/r...-hardware.html
    Also the German magazine c't titles "Squandered Trust".
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Is Ouya rooted?

You can try this! http://slomin.blogspot.com.br/2012/0...roid-apps.html

I can only debug on my Razor I Cell Phone using this mode (Wifi). (Eclipse does not seems to recognize it).

I have also looked at the possibility of connecting over wifi but the problem is you need to set up both the development system and the device for that. and the difficult point is the device here. I am still back at it though. dont give up that easily=)

alright, with enough persistence you can achieve anything! http://youtu.be/kaRclecNRiE
    g2mp on OUYA, all that's left is to add the controller support.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast