Quote Originally Posted by AthenaOfDelphi
So I think teaching them the basics using older versions which don't have that overhead isn't such a bad thing.
Well why not newer versions with little overhead? Whats everyone got against variation these days! :lol: Seriously though, I can see the demand on these developer tools Lazarus, Delphi and FPC becoming greater as the interest increases. And with that the need for different 'editions' this varying needs and skillsets. Borland used to get that, but sort of dropped the ball and has become some ALM monster. The FPC team, doesn't have all the manpower I think it needs to do that quite yet. And I couldn't begin to tell you about the Lazarus people, they haven't invited my into their 'click' yet. Yet... :twisted: [size=9px](Hey, I'm damn nosy when I want something, ok?! :lol[/size]

But no response to my little group idea? Noone is interested in something like that? It would sort of help to map out all the issues and factors relating to the success of Pascal (and Object Pascal) in the marketplace and popularity over the net and in schools.

I think a Pascal Advocates network would help grow those amatures that Dani?īl is talking about. I often look at PHP and MySQL's success and think to myself, they got hat popular off of their own hard work... it's gotta be possible to do the same with something that is already as estabilished as Pascal. We just need to make enough noise.