Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shape of chaos

Shape of chaos

Hi Crisp_N_Dry, there is more to shoot if you click "select mission", then for instance, select "protect the bridge and shoreline", start it, and just wait a few minutes.

Indeed it was great when long ago games came out like Descent, and some time after Quake. I've also played them a lot and mostly also because of their 3Dgraphics. (thought Quake was a little spooky.) I must admit to having Descent1 still on my computer and to have played it recently.. ops:

I've not considered using D3D/OpenGL, because i've no idea how they work. (and so far they don't sound like much fun) But if i ever figure some of it out, when it comes to drawing shape of chaos will be easy to "port". (giving up the 3D calculating will be a lot more difficult.)
    But for now, shape of chaos is mostly done, and am starting on a new project. Another dream-program of me is to write a good flight-simulator. (There's a very old attempt in the DOS part of my website, and i did attempts before that) So that will be next, and hope to be able to show something flyable in a few months.

This looks like a very nice forum, now i've had a better chance to look around. It's really great to see people's Pascal/Delphi projects (going through them will keep me busy for weeks) and toppics. Looks like luckily Pascal is more alive then it seemed.

Thanks and regards
    Stan

Blog Entries

Shape of chaos

Hmm... if youre split between which library to use you could try SDL. It allows easy use of both plus a whole set of APIs that may be of some use.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Shape of chaos

Hi Will,

Well, for now i'll stick to software-rendering.
    It has some advantages as well, from amateur point of view. My code is entirely system-independant, except for some procedures and functions to communicate with whatever graphical-system i've put in separate on top. (So in 15 years time with any luck my code will still work fine. :roll: ) And it's a lot of fun to code and work on. (total freedom, and so on.)

Also, with computers always getting faster, and with dual and quad-processor systems being common in a few years, the future looks good for software-rendering-hobbying.

Greetings
    Stan

Shape of chaos

i understand why you like software rendering! I have written a couple of simple sw renders myself but i moved to opengl because i was dissatisfied with the amount, or rather the lack of, triangles i ever made it capable of showing! i Wanted power! :twisted: and moved to opengl..

Softwaring can be fun but i'll never move back

Ps. What i really intended to say here was that your stuff looks incredible!..
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12