Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FPC 4 GBA: Issues with the gnu linker...

FPC 4 GBA: Issues with the gnu linker...

btw, it seems the home brew PSP arena is kicking off. I have seen an Elf to PBD ( Sony's PSP exe format ) tool on the internet. This may be something worth looking at at a later date. More info @ http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ & http://ps2dev.org/.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    MSX: The reason that the current ARM code is so slow is because that the GBA's normal ARM instructions are a bit slower than the ARM7 THUMB instructions. Don't ask me why, they just are.
    Umm ok.. But i've tried with Boycott Advance, and it's *really* slow.. i can see the screen being filled with Legolas programs..
    Maybe that's normal, i don't know anything of gba programming..

Btw i'll be interested in PSP too, but isn't it impossible to develop for? I've heard that the actual firmware (the OS) doesn't let people run custom code and that's almost impossible to hack.. is this all true?
    If you save your data in a proprietary format, the owner of the format owns your data.
    <br /><A href="http://msx80.blogspot.com">http://msx80.blogspot.com</A>

PSP has already been hacked, follow the links I posted earlier to find out how you can run your own code on PSP. They already have lots of emulators running on it, even an MSX emulator .
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Please, I need rtl/fakertl and rtl/template directories from an old release of fpc (I think pre 1.9.8 ) in order to see how create a simple rtl. Can you search in the maze of your hard disk and send it to me? Thanks in advance!
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Here is an old copy I found on my desktop of all places. I don't know what version it is, but it is not 2.0.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries

So does that file help at all?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Not really. The present rtl is changed a lot, as far I have seen. Now I'm studying GBATek and fpc sources, in order to make the changes needed to the rtl.
    I have translated also a lib for gba from c to pascal and now is pretty simple to make some demos
    ASAP I'll send lib, demos and a tool that translates images in pascal header.
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Blog Entries

Excellent. I'll try to contact the FPC team. FPK is a hard one to get a hold of sometimes.

Hopefully we can get this work intergrated into the FPC chain it's self saving users the trouble of having to 'upgrade' the compiler manually.

As for the libs, demos and other such items. Please try to seperate them according to signifigance(demos or libs being seperate, etc). For those that like to get all of it at once, we can make an 'All-In-One' package for them.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123