Thread: Another Pascal vs. C argument

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Many people make games using VERY slow things like java and javascript, so Object Pascal is a very good choice.
    The C-derived languages are popular because of C language. C language became popular because is fast. Java became popular because is free. Pascal was popular because was designed by professor Wirth to be didatic and readable. C language was designed after Pascal and adds no respectable features, but an ugly sintax and a pointer-oriented design that is only good to speed optimizing. Anyway modern Object Pascal has all the features that C++ has (except for multiple inheritance that is not that useful and in Pascal is emulated by interfaces).
    If the best languages became popular, people today would be using Object Pascal, Eiffel and Scala. The most popular languages are just a market choice, not a technical choice.
    Also, I'm very proud of my Object Pascal 3DMMORPG project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gamemundo/
    And if my game miss features, it's my fault, because the language/framework never disappointed me.
    Last edited by Rodrigo Robles; 07-06-2013 at 12:08 AM.