Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model formats

Model formats

You have plenty of time, dude - I won't be able to upload it until about 8 hours from now ^_^. Can't check personal email until I get home, unfortunately.
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

Model formats

Here's the MD2 conversion: http://www.alistairkeys.co.uk/download/md2.zip (431K).

I got bored with the file sitting on my hard disc, so I uploaded it in an almost-fit-for-consumption-but-not-quite state :roll: It does the job, more or less.

I took the gametutorials.com structure (model, object...) and fleshed them out slightly into classes. However, they're not completely thought-out at present, so expect a few pieces of missing functionality. In particular, the texture + material stuff is rather unintegrated at the mo.

I'll upload the .OBJ loader some time soon - it's sitting there. I originally planned to release both formats at the same time, but took out the OBJ until I got it fixed up properly (still a bit of work to do).

The 3DS loader is done - but I've not finished the octree tutorial, so I don't know if it works! Also, it's not been updated to use the fledgling classes for models, etc. yet. I've still to "Delphi-ize" it and clean it up. Nonetheless, you can grab an early (and probably-not-compiling) version here: http://www.alistairkeys.co.uk/download/3ds_start.zip (13K)
    "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind."
    <br />-- Aristotle

RE : Model formats

Hi Alimonster,
    I have just had to reformat my HD and reinstall Windoze so will get round to looking at you 3DS stuff tomorrow ( I hope ).

As anyone seen what format they use for Unreal Tournament 2003?
    With full physics turned on they really look realistic when they get killed.
    I would be interested in any information on the UT model format.

Only played the demo so far, but I am very impressed with the game so far.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12