Thread: Some gravity particles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First loop i runs from 0 to count-2, and is divided for different threads. Second loop j runs from i+1 to count-1. Overall effect will be that each unique pair is calculated once, and once only. Index 0 vs 1 is counted, but index 1 vs 0 is not, and so on for all of them. They have same potential force towards eachother, because i assume they all have same mass, and it is applied to both of them at the same time. ... Well, i could try do that 1 fix where physics is calculated separately from main thread, to get 60 fps all the time possibly.

You may have also noticed that i modified form.onClose event: if threads are running when click it, it will call for threads to stop and then you have to click it again. Otherwise crash would happen on exit, due to accessing game data after threads finish, but data being freed already. It didn't help if i put a waiting loop in the onClose. That was 1 "fix the wheel with bubblegum"... I'll see if i could fix it aswell.

Update: Please download from the link again, i made proper threading. It looks slightly spiky, but it's doing 60+ fps while physics is calculating on my computer.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7FI...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by User137; 14-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.