Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4E4 Contest Entry - unnamed

4E4 Contest Entry - unnamed

Good points there WILL.
    I think bare feet would indeed be the best solution. Though for the game it would probably not matter if it are shoes or bare feet. They probably wont be visible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoftware
    that arm..? :?
    This was the result of a missing weight map. Fortunately it was easily solved. It sometimes happens during animating as well. Only then the entire rig is messed up and you'll end up having feet in his face, or something like that. I've yet to find a solution for it other than to reload the scene. :?

But anyway, despite all problems with the rig, I have completed a test animation of the zombie walking. You can view it here.
    Personally I think I've captured a convinsing walk cycle, although I realize the arms still are a bit too stiff at the moment.

Next time I'll have feet included

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Next time I'll have feet included
    you could just say he has baggy jeans on

It's been a while since my last update so I thought I'd share a new screenshot, featuring my latest residential building.

I must say creating the graphics is a difficult and long process. It involves a lot more than just pushing a couple polygons. Before I even start with something I spent a few hours on the internet looking for textures, examples, getting ideas, stuff like that. For each building, modeling is about 2 to 3 hours. Adding up all the other things, I'd say its about 5 or 6 per building.

While the buildings go easier each time I make one, tiles are a whole different problem. But I'll spare you the details on that one, suffice to say it is a lenghty process. My respect to the guys who do this for their daily job has grown greatly

Hopefully I have more to show in a couple days

Blog Entries

Wow, your game is looking mighty good! You should keep your engine in mind for future projects.

OR go all out with the game after you win the competition. ie. go commertial with it.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

I must agree its starting to look great.

I suggest you spend some time in the gamedev.net article section reading up on tile transitions. Making some simple transitions between the grass and the stone background would make an immediate improvement to the overall look and feel (and could be enough to then start coding the game )
    William Cairns
    My Games: http://www.cairnsgames.co.za (Currently very inactive)
    MyOnline Games: http://TheGameDeveloper.co.za (Currently very inactive)

It's looking really nice.
    I see you've chosen the more realistic approach in game-making.
    It's looking really great.

I'm looking forward to the end-result.
    I really hope this project gets finished.
    Huhuhu

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123