Hello,

we have decided to release our SpriteDesigner Opensource.

We used it for 4 years now and made most graphics in our games 'Xenidis' and 'TombClimber' with that tool. Now we are mostly working with 3D modelers and so I hope maybe anybody can use our tool or use some parts of the code or something.

The GUI looks terrible because we only used it for ourselves and added a new function all few weeks for over 4 years. There is also no documentation and some parts are in german, other parts in english.

But in my forum I started a Tutorial topic, where I teach some basic things, screenshots included. I think for a 2D game developer my tool has a lot to offer, for painting small sprites and animating them it has a lot of functions!

If you are interested in learning more, please tell me. If nobody is interested, I won't add more lessons, if I feel somebody is interested, I'll continue, most functions are missing but I descripted some basic functions.

A download link is in the intro of the topic.

http://www.ericbehme.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=161

Some screens:

If you find it useful, let me know, I'll keep adding lessons as long as I get some response. And I can tell you, there are many nice features!

If there is a lot of interest, I might translate the GUI to english and enhance it a bit.

Firle