Well, Delphi is the IDE... many people follow Borland's (--or should we say Inprise's :evil BAD example and calls Object Pascal Delphi. WRONG!!!

I'm sorry for those that actually believe that Borland did something so great and wonderful since Delphi was created and along with it a revamped dialect of Apple's version of the original language called Object Pascal, up until whatever version it was [size=9px](I think 5 or 6 since that was about when someone in management started with all this funny naming nonsense)[/size] that justifies renaming a language that had been called what is has been for so many years, simply because Borland had an identity crisis and forgot how to name things properly. :lol:

It's sick really.

Hmm... so is it fair to say that you cannot use Object Pascal unless you set 'Delphi Mode'? I'd opt that this Delphi Mode be changed to 'Object Pascal Mode'. Being as the mode's name will last longer, I think.

I mean you could continue to follow in Borland's foot steps, but then again we'd have to come up with 20 different names for each port of Free Pascal just because it's running on a different platform. :lol: