Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jink framework and game engine

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    Hi People,

Quick update, Jink now officially supports IOS and Android targets including multi-touch support. No doubt some tweaks needed here and there for Android as I only have a single device with which to test.

The framework is now complete and will be production ready at the end of the bug list. I only have to complete a clipmapping terrain implementation before all engine features are available for all targets as well.

I am committed to releasing the engine under an open license in the next few months, I hope the engine will serve you well.

Which will be my last act I'm afraid, I'm giving up my regular involvement with the community as from pretty much now It's been a great few years and I've gained a lot from PGD and the Pascal community as a whole hence why I'm giving my code back to you and all those that would use or learn from it.

JUI (the GUI) will *not* be released I'm afraid, my services are under negotiation with a certain well known company in a related context.

I wish you all good fortunes in all your Pascal game development endeavors, I hope you crush C++ into the dirt and FPC becomes the default compiler for the next generation of consoles

All the best everyone!

Johnny.
    Last edited by phibermon; 24-01-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Sorry to hear that you are giving up with the community
    I wish you well with your GUI, and look forward to trying out the Jink Framework

Best wishes,
    Paul Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by phibermon View Post
    Which will be my last act I'm afraid, I'm giving up my regular involvement with the community as from pretty much now It's been a great few years and I've gained a lot from PGD and the Pascal community as a whole hence why I'm giving my code back to you and all those that would use or learn from it.
    Sorry to hear this. Your efforts are appreciated though.
    Existence is pain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234