Thread: Console Related development.

Console Related development.

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new here. My question is regarding a Windows Console program. I would like to know if there's some preset means (other than the windows API or such). To achieve the following Console Operations:

1. Determine the Height and Width of the console window (in characters)

2. Change the size of the console. (for example, in many languages I can determine the size of the console window (in 2000/XP) to be of irregular size like 132x60 (in windowed mode).

3. Determine if the Console Windows is maximixed or not (Alt Enter) and unzoom it to force it to be a Windowed application. Hence dissalow the user to make the application FullScreen.

4. Scroll a rectangular region of the console screen.

5. Use Console Buffers (I know it can be done with the API, but I'm wondering if there's some preset functions to do these things in Pascal. (FreePascal 2.0 is what I'm using for this).

Thank you all, in advance for any help on this.
    When they say it can't be done, THAT's when they call me! ;-).
    <br />
    <br />MystikShadows
    <br />Stephane Richard

Bumping this...(hope it's ok) but I'd really like help on this :-).

Thanks
    <br />
    <br />MystikShadows
    <br />Stephane Richard

Re: Console Related development.

Quote Originally Posted by MystikShadows
    My question is regarding a Windows Console program. I would like to know if there's some preset means (other than the windows API or such).
    I would use the Windows API for console window manipulation, but that's not what you asked. I don't know the answer for FPC.

Why can't you use Win32 API for this?

Other than that, can't think of another way; what do you mean by 'preset'? If you are referring to third-part libraries, they'd probably use Win32 API anyway, so I'd say Win32 API could be pretty much unavoidable :?

I just want to know if there's a predefined way, in freepascal, some statement or function, that does this without having to use the API. I don't mind using it...but I was wondering if I really had to. Basically.
    <br />
    <br />MystikShadows
    <br />Stephane Richard