Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CodeTyphon vs. Lazarus

Blog Entries
    I had poked at the Code Typhon website a few times and had thought about writing news posts and following it's progress as I would ANY Pascal-related game development project, but I never gave it much coverage it seems. I do recall having a hard time trying to get elaboration on what their offerings were exactly and to what was included and from where. I can see just from reading all of your comments that there may have been reason for this.

Simply just not having the time as an excuse I'll probably not do an in depth news posting about it, however I do feel that this is something that would work as a great news post (not just showing it off, but instead as a introductory review of sorts) to tell an unbiased perspective of what these guys are offering. Let people know what they are doing and have them form their own opinions about what their project means.

The project overall does seem very sketchy and I'm not happy to be hearing that people are having their hard work released under open licenses for the benefit of the community taken advantage of in such a negative way. This may not be intentional, but then again, I've not looked too closely at it with the excuse that I just didn't have the time. Probably more so that I didn't take the time.

That said, it really is important to support the projects that you love and think would benefit the community and help the language flourish in the game making world. ...and those that you don't well, if noone uses them you all know what happens to those.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Guys...
    I don't have a lot of time to post and here
    but
    I read and follow this forum for 12 years now,
    so, I am here for any question
    thanks

Sternas Stefanos
    CodeTyphon Architect and Programmer
    Last edited by sternas; 24-01-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sternas View Post
    Guys...
    I don't have a lot of time to post and here
    but
    I read and follow this forum for 12 years now,
    so, I am here for any question
    thanks

Sternas Stefanos
    CodeTyphon Architect and Programmer
    Well, I think that question was quite obvious: why there is no reference to the Lazarus in the description of CodeTyphon?

CodeTyphon does not support multiple installations which means u can have only one version/instance of CodeTyphon working on ur PC.

It also supports installation only on C: drive on Windows; so if u want to install CodeTyphon on D: drive, then ur doomed.

I have two physical drives installed; a solid state drive is mounted as C:, that is why I do not want to install CodeTyphon on C: drive; that is why I don't use it.

As far as I remember, CodeTyphon contains trunk FPC while I prefer using stable FPC branch; and that is another reason why I don't use CodeTyphon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12