Cool, thanx guys, constructive criticism is really helpful.

This guy is just a preliminary design, something to show WILL so he has something to say Yay or Nay to. So I really don't mind too much about hacking him up .

Here's some thoughts, most of which I agree with whats been said.

Eyes:
Originally he had to two eyes, but as WILL said, it did make him look rather cartoony, with a dumb look on his face. I'll just need to experiment. Having one eye piece like x-mens cyclops would probably look too robocop , and it would take away any expression and feel away from the face. (As much expression that a robot could have :lol: )

Render Size:
The final frame size will be 48x64. So I have a bit of room to work with. Of course, trying to render the model in it's current state into those dimensions would be hell; I've modeled it in high res to help give me a more detailed view on specific parts. This helps enormously when I do a low poly version for rendering, or when creating pixel art.
When the time comes, hopefully I'll have it all sorted out

Ears:
(lol I actually the started the whole model with the ears first )
It was the design of the ears that set the style for the rest of the model. Without them (or with smaller ears) it makes his head look too small and odd shaped. They really help to 'flesh out' the shape of the head.

Sholders, Arms & Legs:
I don't really like them either, I just quickly added anything so you can see the overall shape. I had thoughts about creating the Electronic Muscles, but then the model would start to look those those crappy robots in iRobot :? . But yeah, this is defiantly one part that's need to change.

Chest:
The chest is always the most challenging part to model. He does look a little weak, especially if he's the main character. This part is going to need the most work/changes to get looking right. Having a fully 'Enclosed' chest makes him chubby looking, kinda like a snow man :lol: . But I have ideas on how to improve this.

Feet:
I hate modeling feet, lol. Feet are really annoying to model, they are so simple looking, but hard to get it to look just right.
I kept animation in mind while modeling though, it's hard to see but the foot is one piece, with the 'toe' able to bend, so it has a more fluent walk cycle. It didn't look right without the toe, but I can just chop it off

So, yeah, thanx heaps for clearing up exactly what your looking for. This is the first of hopefully many many more designs, So I don't really care how much he changes.

And to quote WILL from a message,
'... also keep in mind that the hero is the hardest to create. You can hate a small enemy or even a boss in a game, but you CAN'T simply dislike or hate the character in a game that you are playing'

The main character is always the one that takes the most criticism, it will make or break the game.

Remember to point out bits you hate, and the bits you like and want to be duplicated more.

---

That?¢_~s some nice modeling K4Z. Perhaps after you?¢_Tre done slaving for MSX and WILL a few low-poly wipeout style futuristic hovercraft for me?
Lol, maybe I should charging