Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: WILL's Prototype Designs

WILL's Prototype Designs

Yes, the story is all falling into place, thanx! . (I goto remember to save that somewhere :!: )

My idea of GUS was a common place driod used just about everywhere, for lots of different jobs, before the war. Interacting with people, he'd need to humanoid and friendly looking enough, with an over all style that fited with the times. (Today, even though there are a lot of car manufactures, all cars today pretty much look the same . It's just the growing style of our time)
    But with the war, (40 years is a long time, but with a war devestating the world, there's not much time for change) GUS units are (although becomming rare) still around and being put to use. With an unstable world, there really hasn't been a mass produced driod to replace him.
    But that was just my idea of him :mrgreen:.

Lmao, with all this talk about GUS, he's gonna need a major role in the game .

Someone suggested switching the 'Exit' and 'Play' places as it might work better the other way around being as the whole left to right hand-eye co-ordination thing. It's more common the other way around.
    Sure thing.

---

See you in a few days, I'm outta here for now.

Blog Entries

WILL's Prototype Designs

Well GUS IS the last one... functioning and still running that is. The fact that he is working away, tinkering on the garbage left at the junkyard, is simply left to neglect and abandonment. What does a program do if you leave it running with no job to do? It keeps going trying to continue doing his 'current' job.

GUS will have a symbolistic place in the game, both as a character that helps our hero to upgrade himself with current-day technology and to tell a part of the story of what happened after he went missing. How technology evolved in the world without any of the doctor's works and what path it went instead. Also it shows a darker side of what the Doctor's technology did to the rest of the worlds creations and the sheer power of it's effect on what happened when itwas taken into the wrong hands.

Deep, sad? Symbolic and scary? Yes... it's ment to be.

There will be other characters with as much story detail given to them. GUS is just one of many characters that tell the story.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

WILL's Prototype Designs

Hi I just discovered this thread, looks interesting!!

ANy progress on the coding of this game?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910