Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caimans quest (Finished)

Caimans quest (Finished)

Works pretty good!

I take it the muppet is just a placeholder image?

Caimans quest (Finished)

Hi Smotsholle,
    I don't understand why you can't/won't implement such things as constrict or wrap etc. They are usually performed by creatures who have tentacles or similar. If they don't it would be like a mental power type thing. So a sprite merge is not necessary just overlay the constrict animation over the normal one like they do in the GBA version, and lower certain stats.

Just a thought.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Caimans quest (Finished)

About the chef bein a placeholder....
    This goes for just about every image you see. If I get a working full demo, I hope to attract pokemon fans with some graphic skills. That way the game should just continue to get better.

About the wrap icon.... It works for most pokemon, but how will it work for a snake (reverse that word and you get ekans)?

In the real game ekans can perform a wrap and do a tackle at the same time. How would you show that in the game?
    Huhuhu

Caimans quest (Finished)

I've never seen any pokemon on the GBA doing both Wrap and Tackle, can you explain how the move works or have any screenshot/movie links etc?
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Caimans quest (Finished)

Wrap is an attack which goes on for several turns.

The graphics in that game don't show any real animation, so that won't be of much help.

Example of the text in the game.

Ekans uses wrap.
    Pikachu uses thunderbolt.
    Pikachu is hurt by wrap.
    Ekans uses tackle
    Pikachu uses thunderbolt.
    Pikachu is hurt by wrap.
    Ekans uses tackle

In short. The pikachu pokemon is continuously hurt by the wrap placed by the enemy ekans. Eventhough the snake's body is wrapped around the helpless little mouse it seems to be able to do a tackle.
    In this case the snake does the wrap, so if I have to see that in real life, I can hardly imagine it doing a tackle or something of the sort.
    But the attack is hardly used in the game, so it won't be a problem to the poke-fans, I think.
    Huhuhu

Caimans quest (Finished)

Ah I see what you mean. I never saw an Ekans in action.

I think in this version it should probably be a bit more realistic and does not have to be identical to Pokemon, also for legal reasons . Maybe in this version of the game you could have exceptions. in the case of a snake it can do Wrap and Bite at the same time but not Wrap and Tackle. So the attacks will need some kind of rules. So certain attacks will work together while others cannot be used together. Also if a victim is wrapped ( or similar type move ) it should have it's attacked lowered as well while the wrap is applied. That sort of gameplay balancing will be necessary and I think these little tweaks will make the game much better, more strategic and more playable.

Caimans quest (Finished)

The progress of the game depends on if I can get graphical artists or not.

If I can't I will just have to make up my own little critters. That shouldn't be a problem either.
    Huhuhu

Caimans quest (Finished)

I think in order to hone the game play it may be best to use placeholder graphics for now. I think once you have the basic engine working you will not have any problems finding an artist to help out.

Caimans quest (Finished)

I've been thinking about the whole idea.

I think I can make it so that I would have more work programming, but less work making graphics:

The idea is the following.

You get to make your own robot. You can buy a chassis about anywhere.
    On that chassis you get to place up to 5 components:
    - Left arm
    - Right arm
    - Head
    - Feet
    - Back item (booster pack, wings, spikes, you name it)

When battling each component levels.
    As the chassis levels you can put more components on it.
    You battle the same way as you would in pokemon.
    When defeating a wild robot, you get a chance of getting one if it's components.

Each type of chassis is compatible with it's own set of parts. This gives you a great diversity in robots you can build.

Do you think this is a better idea than the pokemon idea?
    Huhuhu

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast