Thread: 3rd PGD Challenge Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Do I really have to bump the thread?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

As I have written before I probably won't have much time due to new job so dates doesn't matter much to me as I will have verrylitle time for the next few months but I'll still try to participate anywhay.

As for the duration of the challenge longer it will be easier it will be for me.

As for theme why not create some simple strategy game or maybe arcade game with larger map.
    Not long ago there was discusion about making AI challenge and the main problem for making it was the fact that we would need some base game for making AI challenge.
    So why not make this challenge in such a way so we actually develop a game which could then be used as base game for making AI challenge in the future?
    Now we don't need to develop it in such a way so that it will use AI right from the start but in a way so that it could be easily modified/extended by adding computer AI to it.

3-4 weeks in August sounds good to me.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Personally I'm for shorter durations, because I find it easier to just allocate a block of time and do it all in one shot, but as long as it's shorter than 1 month, I think I'll be okay. August and September are both fine with me.

I would like to have a go too, not that I have much time with my current job and programming projects....

I could participate, and date doesn't really make a difference for me.

Blog Entries
    Ok so I'm starting to get a feeling for sometime in August about a month of less in time. Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

What if I started it in the middle of the month?

So far 8 people in total have expressed interest, which is pretty nice. I feel more comfortable with a bit more interest shown. And would make me the more enthusiastic about it too!

Retention is kind of key if that's the numbers we are working with. I'll also contact Dr. Norman Morrision to see if his students are interested.

Side-note: I do miss doing thee challenges. It's been a little while since the last one so personally I am itching to put something together. I think I'm just missing the last leg of motivation to get this one going.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder