Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd PGD Challenge Discussion

3-4 weeks in August sounds good to me.
    Best regards,
    Cybermonkey

Personally I'm for shorter durations, because I find it easier to just allocate a block of time and do it all in one shot, but as long as it's shorter than 1 month, I think I'll be okay. August and September are both fine with me.

I would like to have a go too, not that I have much time with my current job and programming projects....

I could participate, and date doesn't really make a difference for me.

Blog Entries
    Ok so I'm starting to get a feeling for sometime in August about a month of less in time. Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

What if I started it in the middle of the month?

So far 8 people in total have expressed interest, which is pretty nice. I feel more comfortable with a bit more interest shown. And would make me the more enthusiastic about it too!

Retention is kind of key if that's the numbers we are working with. I'll also contact Dr. Norman Morrision to see if his students are interested.

Side-note: I do miss doing thee challenges. It's been a little while since the last one so personally I am itching to put something together. I think I'm just missing the last leg of motivation to get this one going.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Well I'm always interested but unfortunately I may have to skip. I'm relocating and starting a new job in August so plenty of things to do. However if the challenge is interesting I probably can't help myself making a small game
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pstudio View Post
    Well I'm always interested but unfortunately I may have to skip.
    Well that would suck Peter. You did pretty good in the last one. I hope you can squeeze in some kind of entry at least! Even if it's only a very basic game.

We need lots of people to take part in this next one. Hopefully more than the 11 entries from the first Challenge. But at least more than 7.

Oh an in case anyone doesn't know about this, there is a PGD Challenge showcase: http://www.pgdchallenge.com/
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

PGD Staff / News Reporter phibermon's Avatar
    I would like to enter with a Jink based submission, been planning to for a looooong time

Assuming the scoring criteria / theme is such that I gain little or no advantage from using it, otherwise I'll technically of had longer to work on my submission than is within the bounds of fair play.

August sounds good! couldn't give a flying monkey about Ludum Dare, just as long as it doesn't coincide with the Assembly party 1st-4th in Helsinki where I almost certainly won't win anything
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie - that's an extinction level impact event.

Blog Entries
    Oh man Assembly. I remember the demoscene from back in the 90s. Before Assembly had a website online. Well before the internet is what it is now. *sigh* Just let the "old fart" have it will ya?

Maybe one of the future challenges could be something that brings back some of the nostalgia from the old days of oldschool Amiga/C64/PC demos. Nothing too intrusive, but will reward you for the more "inspired by" the entry is... anyhow just an idea no spoilers!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    3-4 weeks in August sounds good to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Ok so I'm starting to get a feeling for sometime in August about a month of less in time. Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

What if I started it in the middle of the month?
    I'm in.
    No signature provided yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast