First and foremost they need a free version of Delphi to get a foot into the game development community. Many people (including me) that did their game development with Delphi have moved over (at least partially) to Lazarus and FPC or other languages. Most of the stuff that makes Delphi great for application develeopment (which I'm earning my living with) is pretty useless for game development. I'd say you could remove 90% of the VCL-components for such a version. No need for database stuff, reporting tools, fancy VCL-styles and such.

For developing games you need direct access to a rendering API like OpenGL on all supported platforms. I've offered CodeGear / Embarcadero to include our headers several times without any real interest from them. The OpenGL headers included are like ten years old, miss all the current OpenGL stuff and are partially erratic, so including up-to-date headers for at least OpenGL would be the first step in the right direction. And someday we may get to a point where a group of us could develop an OpenGL (ES) based UI that could ship with delphi and be used for creating UIs in games.

As far as FireMonkey goes they should just drop it (at least for the free / game dev Delphi version). FM doesn't have a good reputation and isn't native at all. As a game developer with multiple targets in mind I want to use native API calls to create and manage my windows, and not some layer between like FM is.

And one really important thing (especially for Indies) are multiple platforms. They need to at least add native platform support for Mac OSX and Linux (Android would be great too, wonder how their announced implementation for that with XE5 looks like).

Along with that they need native ports of the IDE to those platforms too. The need to have two operating systems (one real, one a VM) and remote debugging to actually see and test your app on e.g. Mac OSX or Linux (if that'll ever get added) is cumbersome.

These are my initial thought's on this, and right now I think they'll have a hard time to compete with Lazarus/FPC on the game development front. I've evaluated XE4 and even made some Mac OSX apps with it, and compared to Lazarus they still have a long way to go, and since I moved over to multiple platforms I'm still baffled at how great this works with a free (open source) IDE and a free (open source) compiler, and how far Delphi is lagging (even down to the compiler and language features).