Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarior View Post
Doesn't TStream-s have platform based implementation of memory or file handling so you don't have to worry about the Big-Endian and Litle-Endian by yourself.
I do realize that the way how Typed Files work is platform dependant (based on Delphi-s hint it generates whenever I use them).
Also since newest Delphi version do have support for Mac OS X I would suggest that this is being overcome in RTTI itself. So far I haven't tried doing any multiplatform stuff as I don't own Mac OS X based platform device myself.
I really don't think so. I battled with this issue myself while working on Garland's Quest looking for solutions. Trying to force the compiler to think differently just causes problems too. This was the case I found while working with Lazarus with both Win and Mac. Text handling is a universal solution across platforms.

Mac are nice to run in place of a Windows machine these days. But that's a highly debated topic. (Cost considerations pending.) Development is still kind of getting there in my own personal opinion. Doing cross-platform really does require you have the hardware or software of the platform you are trying to support. How else can you tell that it's working as intended, right?