Thread: Diary of a Madman

Diary of a Madman

Sascha Willems keeps really quiet about his blog, but it makes for very interesting reading indeed. Recently he's covered such topics as...
    <ul>[*]Springs ( click the link for the video )[*]Cel Shading[*]Newton's new Vehicle Container ( click the link for the video )[*]Different Shadow Techniques[*]A Walker ( click the link for the video )[/list]

and how the amazing NewtonPlayGround has grown. I'm hoping he'll port it to SDL as well, maybe using SDLCtrls for the GUI.

All I can do is encourage you to read his blog on a regular basis and leave him some constructive comments about his work.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Diary of a Madman

yep, its a good read

but savage, i dont think the source will be released so sdl doesnt matter

Diary of a Madman

I'm not really concerned about him releasing the source. I would just like to see the NewtonPlayground working on more Operating Systems. If the guy from Pixel can get his app working on 8 OSes using Pascal and SDL, I'm sure Sascha, if he wants to, could do so as well.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Diary of a Madman

@Other OS'es :
    Well, as for porting I definitely plan to port it to linux using FPC. I already have a working Linux running on my system and FPC is set-up and working there too, the only thing I'm waiting for now is the next release of Newton which will finally have a dynamic lib for linux so that it can be used with FPC too.

@SDL_Ctrls :
    Well, until you told of it in my blog I never heard of that library. But I don't think that I'll be using it. For a bigger game-project (that I never finished *cough*) I wrote an own OpenGL-GUI that has almost all the windows controls I need and which loads it's stuff from XML-files, and therefore can easily be set-up. And well, as it's OpenGL, it's also cross-plattform.

@My Blog :
    You must know that I somehow have inhibitions off doing self-promotion. So I just wait for other people to find out and post it