View Poll Results: What do you think about the OUYA?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't care about it.

2 20.00%
  • What's an OUYA?

0 0%
  • Want to play games on it!

3 30.00%
  • Want to make games for it!

6 60.00%
  • Awesome emulation machine.

3 30.00%
  • Great electronics project.

2 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is interested in OUYA?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybermonkey View Post
    Hm, if you read the comments on http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...d-of-2013.aspx I got the impression that OUYA already failed ...
    Failed at what? They are still up and running and there is now over 350 games on the store. They probably did better than some of Nintendo's worst console attempts. People who are making silly comments like this usually don't know (or think they know) much beyond what they want to believe themselves. Bandwagon riders for the most part. Seek out the facts for yourself and you'll never be fooled.

They are just starting and yes they have angered backers and made many mistakes along the way, but they have been cleaning up their mess and making up for it and they are still continuing to operate and improve the console.

In fact... I got an email from OUYA about a week ago giving me a $13.37 credit on my account to be used towards purchases and this is money out of their pocket, not the developers'. In addition there have been quite a few firmware updates that fix a lot of the core functionality of the console. I suggested to OUYA CEO Julie Urman via Twitter that they should publish a list somewhere of all the planned improvements forthcoming to which I got the response "great idea and yes." She was concerned that people might be upset of overreact if something was late or delayed and asked what I thought they should handle that.

Personally, I like their approach and I think they will be around to crash next year's E3 once again. If not actually be inside the building this time.

A new Sega console would be cool and it probably would do well considering the way the nostalgia trend is so popular right now. Plus it might help that there are far more gamers now than back in the 90s when they were in the prime of theory console business. I'm kinda happy that they aren't though. I like that Sonic is cross-platform.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    OUYA just announced (via email) that they will be making newer games more prominent on the start-up screen of the console. Also they will be moving the game categories up inside of Discover.

Personally, I still want folders inside of the Play section and sorting options throughout.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123