I tried out geany. I couldn't get code completion or navigation or tips to work for pascal. Also, their list of pascal keywords is severely limited. Fortunately, you can change that by editing the /usr/local/share/geany/filetypes.pascal file. Another problem is that while // and (* *) are recognised as comments, they aren't highlighted as such. I had to edit the source code of geany (and edit the filetypes.pascal file) to make it highlight those types of comments properly. I will contact the developers to add this code in.

There are a couple of limitations, too. You can bold parts of your code, but you can't italicize them. I like to italicize my comments, but you can't do that with geany. Another problem is that the background of the currently selected line is hard-coded to a light grey colour; this should really be an option, but I just edited the source code myself to make it white, the same colour as the default background of the editor.

But overall it's a very good editor, and it's now the IDE I use for pascal coding.