Quote Originally Posted by Frodlou
Debugger is also a bit better. When i tried lazarus last year, i found i had trouble debugging message handling and threads when there were any syncing mechanisms in place, like mutexes or events. Never figured out why, but i had such problems with d2005 too, just way less frequently.
You can't compaire Lazarus last year to what it is like now. It's gone through so much development and improvements it's not funny. I noticed the HUGE improvement about a couple of months ago. The debugger works rather well, I find. I can use it just as well as I did Delphi's (Delphi 7, I've only tinkered with 2005 and not even tried 2006). Acts almost exactly like Delphi's debugger in most respects.

What exactly do you look for in a debugger anyhow? I mostly use the stop-watches and of course the messages myself. Not sure if I use much else than that. Besides the obviously awesome Source Editor's roll-over hints.

Only downfall I noticed for stopping the program to checkout values with the mouse, is when you want to look for an array value or an object's property it won't show up. I'm sure with time these will become available though. In the meantime I have work-arounds.