Marcov, i actually like d2005 better than 7. And i'm only using the code window, it's just more efficient i find. Never use refactoring and such things, i just like the pretty ide, and considering the number of hours a day i spend looking at it, it's an important thing for me.

Debugger is also a bit better. When i tried lazarus last year, i found i had trouble debugging message handling and threads when there were any syncing mechanisms in place, like mutexes or events. Never figured out why, but i had such problems with d2005 too, just way less frequently.

Now you got to try this if you're still having problems with your copy of delphi 2005. For some reason, i've had no stability issues at all since i did this. Got lucky i guess.

Step 1: Uninstall delphi 2005
Step 2: Install trial version of delphi 2005 from borland's web site

It will remember your settings from the initial install and not bother you with trial version stuff and registration. And work much much much better than the bought version patched.

Just try it, it works for me.

And fpc being as good as delphi is what i think too, but only on the compiler end. It's obviously better for multi-platform support, which is why i intend to migrate to it eventually, but in the mean time, i need a really solid win32 tool with the best debugger i can afford (money and time wise), so it will be delphi for me until i'm done with the heavy debugging tasks.