Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving text at the top

Moving text at the top

When I viewing this site in FireFox with a little increased text size, the text at the top doesn't fit in a single line and causing the entire page to move up and down periodically.
    Trust me guys it's very annoying. :twisted:
    In MSIE I can't increase the text size at all.

Moving text at the top

Well, here on FireFox that "changing title" appears on transparent background (blue), flickers a lot and appears in different colors. I'd say that if you simply remove it, we won't lose anything :?

Moving text at the top

The site wasn't really designed with an increase fontsize option in mind.

Moving text at the top

First it begins in yellow:
    (removed image)

Later on it changes to black:
    (removed image)

And all this, on blue background. Kinda weird, isn't it?

Edit: removed images from post, since going to remove them from server either...

Moving text at the top

As I wrote in another thread. A new class should be added wihtin the <a> tag of the newsbar. The orgional background can then also be returned.

Moving text at the top

Hi Guys, that blue back ground stuff is my fault.

I will try and find some time this weekend to fix the ticker issue.

Traveller, the problem I have is that I'm not sure where to put the newly created class tag.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Moving text at the top

I haven't tested the following but if you look up this line:

Code:
    var text = '<a href="' + newsBarContent&#91;contentIndex&#93;&#91;0&#93; + '" target="' + newsBarContent&#91;contentIndex&#93;&#91;2&#93; + '"' + eventHandlers + newsBarContent&#91;contentIndex&#93;&#91;1&#93; + leadingSign + '</a>
    (iirc its in templates\subSilver\overall_header.tpl)

and add a class before href it probably should work.

Alternatively, you could also add the following to the css file
    Code:
    #newsbar a &#123;
    	color &#58; #D1C961;
           text-decoration &#58; none;
    &#125;

#newsbar a&#58;hover &#123;
    	text-decoration &#58; underline;
    &#125;

Moving text at the top

I have a good eyesight, but the text at 1280x1024 is too small in my opinion. The feature to increase/decrease text size is a good feature. Why to take away this possibility?

Moving text at the top

Thanks for the info Traveller, I will try and sort it out this week-end and change the background back to black.

I will leave it up to WILL to sort out the resizable font sizes.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Moving text at the top

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    I have a good eyesight, but the text at 1280x1024 is too small in my opinion.
    You should see my laptop with 15'' screen and 1600x1200 native resolution... :shock:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast