Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FPC 4 GBA: a step ahead

FPC 4 GBA: a step ahead

Last night was sleepless, so I have decided to work a bit on freepascal porting for gba. I have carried out a couple of ideas I had some times ago, I have recompiled and - surprise! - now it works without those uncomfortable tricks (removing things from asm generated file and so on).

Now I'm doing some tests in order to make a better documentation to release... Maybe tonight I'll release new version
    :toocool:
    Get your fpc4gba copy now!
    Get your fpc4nds copy now!

Sounds Great!!

Keep us posted.

Ok, if someone is interested, I have updated my page with the new fpc4gba release.
    You can find it here! I hope that someone other would help me and WILL in this project... We need testing, translating libs, examples, ideas, coding, debugging, sleeping, food, money and women (ok, I'm joking... money and women should be enough...) :joker: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi Legolas,
    I took a quick look at your compiler, and it's pretty impressive so far. However, I was not able to compile the source. I followed your little tutorial on how to compile, but Heh, I'm stuck at the 'make PPC_TARGET=arm' part :? . Do I use the MakeFile in the fpcmake directory? When I do, make.exe doesn't generate 'ppcarm.exe'.

Any ideas? I'm still fairly new to using FPC.

I'm pretty interested in this project of yours, but I think most people are still pretty scared of it at this stage
    Keep up the good work, hopefully it'll start to draw more people in soon

In the FPC source, enter the compiler directory and type "make PPC_TARGET=arm". I've been having fun trying to make the FPC compiler from source as well. I found that I had to make the ppc386 compiler first, then make ppcarm.

I noticed that the page said that ARM9 support was still yet to arrive. Damn! That means I won't be able to use FPC to create GP2X applications because it has dual ARM9 processors.

legolas, i would like to help with anything.

Get me on mail/msn if you think i could be used for something: jeppesoftware@hotmail.com
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Sly: You don't need to recompile ppc386 too. Should be enough to install fpc binaries and use it

K4Z: in 99% of cases, if you can't obtain ppcarm.exe is because you have problems with path Be sure that (eg.) "c:\fpc\bin\i386-Win32" is the first string in your search path. You should send me (or post here) the message error you get.

JSoftware: You have a new msn contact

Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
    I'm pretty interested in this project of yours, but I think most people are still pretty scared of it at this stage
    I know... recompiling all fpc could scare people.
    Maybe I could put binaries on my web page, but I don't know if fpc licence allows it... :?:

The path is correct, as far as I can see :lol: , and it's the first on the list.

Following the tutorial exactly, when I run make PPC_TARGET=arm, it returns the error:
    'make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.'

Heh heh, I'm doing something wrong I know it :lol:

I don't think the license has a problem with posting the binary's... :?:

Quote Originally Posted by K4Z
    The path is correct, as far as I can see :lol: , and it's the first on the list.

Following the tutorial exactly, when I run make PPC_TARGET=arm, it returns the error:
    'make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.'

Heh heh, I'm doing something wrong I know it :lol:
    :shock:
    Ok, your path is correct. How many files do you have in your source/compiler directory? Do you have downloaded and installed fpc sources too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast