Like Sly I've been through a rather rough patch at work. For about 3 months I was working 60 to 75 hour weeks. It takes a toll and ment I had no time for doing my own stuff.

That period ended about 8 weeks ago. It took me about 5 weeks of being pretty much a zombie (do minimum work and ignore anything that can be ignored) for me to get over that lack of motivation.

The last three weeks have been the opposite. Suddenly I want to do stuff again. In the last three weeks I made my first 3D game, am learning mobile game development with J2ME etc. Of course this means nothing is getting completed, but hopefully I'll settle down and start finishing things again soon

I think the most important thing for me about motivation is the love/passion I have for my hobby. At the moment I am now finding time to make my games (even sometimes stealing time at work for it). As it is my hobby, when I dont feel like doing it I dont need to. Putting pressure on yourself to do it will make yourself less motivated.

I agree on removing distractions. My biggest distraction are my kids, (my wife understands when I want to code ), and often I need to ensure that my kids are nowherenear me when I want to do gamedev coding.

Last thing. If you are not motivated to make new games, take a break. If you are really passionate about making games as your hobby, you WILL come back to doing it - I promise. If you find that you would rather take up a new hobby, go for it. Dont make yourself do something just because you think you should! Do it because you love doing it.