Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birth of America...

Birth of America...

While checking out the forums on the Delphi Sanctuary and little while back ( appologies for the late post ), saw that the game Birth of America had posted some excellent screenshots.

<center>[img]files/news/2005_12_10_birthofamericas.jpg[/img]</center>

The year 2005 marks the 250th anniversary of the start of the French & Indian Wars. And twenty years later, the War of the American Independance began. These two events marked the real start of a new era, the end of an empire, the birth of a nation.

In our new product, Birth of America, the player controls one of the major contender of these 2 conflicts, trying to achieve military and political victory. It is a rather complete and detailed simulation of the two most important wars in Colonial America - from 1755 to 1783 - but with a simple and elegant new simultaneous turn-based engine.

It is written using Delphi 7 with Omega for Dx8 and am told it only uses "the basics of Omega".
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Birth of America...

it sure looks very polished!
    Peregrinus, expectavi pedes meos in cymbalis
    Nullus norvegicorum sole urinat

Birth of America...

you do realise that the pic you linked to on the main page is over 1mb? why not just save a thumbnail to the pgd site (will make the pages load faster if its local as well)

Birth of America...

Btw, just noticed... the name is "Birth of America" and game menus are not in English? :scratch:

[size=9px]/improve_my_language_skills 1[/size]

Birth of America...

Yes, it is the Omega project of our Member Athena.
    Should be finished soon they told me.

Looks totally great.

Firle

Blog Entries

Birth of America...

I'm guessing that there are 2 Athena's in the community?
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Birth of America...

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepower
    Btw, just noticed... the name is "Birth of America" and game menus are not in English? :scratch:

[size=9px]/improve_my_language_skills 1[/size]
    My understanding is that the game is being released in both French and English due to the historical aspect.
    <br /><br />There are a lot of people who are dead while they are still alive. I want to be alive until the day I die.<br />-= Paulo Coelho =-

Blog Entries

Birth of America...

What about Canadian?

I mean we have the Us and well different accents. And um... we have um... mounties and stuff. :lol:

And we burned down the White House... Twice! Thats why it's white now, they had to re-paint it.

Actually, I'd love to see a video game or a big budget movie about the attempted invasion of Canada by the Americans back in the 1800s. I think the only reason that we have not seen anything like that around has been because the US is ashamed of it and the Canadians don't have enough pride to talk about it openly. That or we are just over it. :lol:
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Birth of America...

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    I mean we have the Us and well different accents. And um... we have um... mounties and stuff. :lol:
    Um, lumberjacks, curlers and beavers too.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL
    And we burned down the White House... Twice! Thats why it's white now, they had to re-paint it.

Actually, I'd love to see a video game or a big budget movie about the attempted invasion of Canada by the Americans back in the 1800s. I think the only reason that we have not seen anything like that around has been because the US is ashamed of it and the Canadians don't have enough pride to talk about it openly. That or we are just over it. :lol:
    Can't remember what started it exactly, but it was mostly being "too big for our britches". All in all, I don't really care. The mistake occurred, was thwarted (), and life goes on. Though a movie would be neat.

The screenies look nice, although I wouldn't buy w/o a demo being released to try... haven't bought anything without playing the demo first since Age of Empires I! Wow, has it been that long?!

Birth of America...

Hi,

I'm the scyzophrenic Athena/Pocus. If you have any questions regarding the game, feel free to ask.

It will be released in English & French. If the screens posted are in french, then you can get some more in goode ole english there:

http://www.ageod.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

See you soon in the forum, I hope anyway
    http://www.birth-of-america.com/
    <br />The game on American War of Independence and French-Indians war.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast