Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3rd PGD Challenge Questions

Blog Entries
    Just 4 days left folks! Hows it coming along?

Seen some nice screenies being posted in your threads. How about a single desktop screenshot from everyone each so we can all see how your working environment is setup?

So much variety in tools and libraries these days it would be cool to put them all up beside each other.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sure

desktop.jpg

And what is the exact deadline by timezones? Is it the turning point of 15th and 16th day for each individuals own time?
    Last edited by User137; 13-09-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well right here, right now it's the 15th, but... Lets just say, if the FTP server is up you can submit until I take it down. (I've been know to be a bit slow getting the submission FTP down, if you know what I mean. )

I like to keep the deadlines loose. Especially in an event like this were we are just all just having fun and there are no prizes.

People work hard on their entries so I want everyone to get a chance to submit and not get snuffed because of little timing hiccups.

That said, this is the last day folks! Time for the final push for some and for others it may be time to wrap it up and upload it. Either way if you are on the fence, it might be a good idea to get something up for now and submit a new version should you find you are able to add that one last awesome feature or nailed that really fussy bug that you want out of there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Either way if you do upload a version early, name it with a version number so that we will know which "is newest and best" from that which is older and not so nice. This'll help prevent any confusion when I got to publish them on the PGD Challenge showcase website.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by User137 View Post
    Hey only User137? No one else?

Show some Pascal programming pride people!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Blog Entries
    Well a new day is upon us and another PGD Challenge is at a close. Great work to those that managed to complete their games and get the in on time!

It seems that a lot of people have fallen a tad short due to a few small mishaps or unseen obligations. Perhaps even some bad organizational habits or simply a bit of procrastination? Well this happens to everyone.

I would ask everyone a questions however; Should I leave open the FTP server for any late arrivals. How many of you could get your game entry done and uploaded in a mere couple of weeks time?

Doing this would allow me to accept you in the event, but mark you as a "Late Arrival" instead of not being included at all. Something I'm considering...
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Some more time would be good

I won't have any free time till the end of the month due to some work training I'll have in next weaks so even a short extension won't do any good for me.
    But if it could help others then I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Doing this would allow me to accept you in the event, but mark you as a "Late Arrival" instead of not being included at all. Something I'm considering...
    I don't really see the point in marking them as being late. It's not like there's any competition this time. We're just a bunch of guys that made a few games for fun.

I guess it's fine to keep the FTP open for extra time as usual But I want guarentees that we'll see more entries then
    We only have 3 entries and that's not really impressive Especially not when one of the entries is mine which hardly counts as a game
    Imagine I've written something clever here inspiring you to make something awesome. If that happens give me credits

About the videos, remember that you can download the direct files from Youtube too. If normal website doesn't show interface to it, plugins will.

Pretty silent in here oO Any news on results, videos or when the finalization of the event will be announced?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast