Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
There must be at least "A" protagonist meaning there must be at least one conceptualized within the game. This could be the king himself... animate him standing up to make a "decree" which is your selected orders... just a thought. If selecting from a list of "dialog" and/or text options or some kind of button interface that would be somewhat indirect I believe.

... however if you were issuing commands like a captain and then the crew were listening and then independently reacting (perhaps even with some kind of balanced delay to make sure it's known and to add a challenge to playing the game?) then that would indeed exactly fall in-line within the context of challenge theme.
My idea was that my units (messangers, soldiers, hunters, farmers, pesants, etc) would actually be protagonists and not the king itself. But I would limit the game screen to the kings view itself.

So the game mechanic would be somthing like this:
A messenger brings the message about some event that happened somewhere in your kingdom.
You as a king are offered different choices of what command would you isue.
After you iseue an order a message explaining the order needs to be caried to the unit that you are giving the order to.
Becouse sometimes messangers needs to travel long distances it takes time for your order to actually reach your units. It can even be intercepted by bandits, enemies, etc.
After the message is delivered an cofirmation message is being sent back.

All the units ingame are being simulated but not being rendered. I try to minimize the graphic assets needed for this game. Maybe I can even pull it of as a text game.

So would this fit into the rules?