Thread: My entry to 3rd PGD challenge - no name yet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    Procedurally generated maps would allow for nearly unlimited map layouts causing your game to have a ton of variety
    Yes I know.

An alternate option is to create a set of pre-designed maps and randomly select one of those at game start to keep the game from playing the same almost every time.
    I'll probbably go for this option.

I think it would be a good idea to have at least more than 1 predefined map layout in the game though. It would prevent the game from falling into the trap of having a "solve the puzzle" type of game play. It also would mix it up so your players aren't always trying the same stratgey so it has more replay value.
    I'm also planning to add some random events which would make playing expirience of a single map a bit different every time.

But it all comes down to the avialable time I'll had.
    Right now I'll be focusing on basic stuff to make my game athleast playable and then work from there on. This migh just alow me to finally finish my entry in time even thou it won't be best one.

EDIT:
    BTW if anyboddy have a suggestion to name my game please do share it as I don't have a clue.
    All names that I could think of are already being used
    Last edited by SilverWarior; 18-08-2013 at 10:05 AM.