Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
No updates in a good while. Hows it coming along?
Teribly!
To be honest I'm scratching this idea and trying to see if I might have more luck with my second idea I presented in 3rd PGD challenge coments (making a somekinda traffic simulator where the vehicles would be "protagonists").

So far I have reimplemented A* pathfinding algorithm which I now intent to modiffy so that it will take into account more parameters when deciding which path to use (actual distance, esimated travel time for each road section which is based on average time needed for cars to passed certain road section during previous day, etc.). I also plan on making two heuristic levels one will take into account whole road section between intersections and another the actual pathfinding inside each road section to alow overpassing and changing lanes.

Even thou this won't be most optimal I use list of object/classes instead of arrays of records. The reason I decided to do so is ease of upgrading the algorithm with aditional parameters etc. (class inheritance) and with the fact that when using classes I can easily achieve data reusability by using properties. This also gives me ease of implementing mutithreading support.
As you might have read in http://www.pascalgamedevelopment.com...-curve-example I'm thinking of having nicely curved roads of course if that won't require to much time to implement. I can always use grid based aproach which is easy to implement, but won't look as good.

But still I'm afraid I'll run out of time.