Thread: 3rd Challenge entry - Futuristic rts game

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL View Post
    How come your other RTS game never looked this good?
    Yes they did, almost the same 4 years ago (No need to embed, not related to contest)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzDrqhHbwKw

I have uploaded first "bad" version to FTP, just to have something out there before time runs out... I realize i still have more than 24 hours remaining though. The project is moderately unfinished yet, but i have started works on the AI finally. Building production, queue displays, resource consumption things are done. Factories also assign themselves production from the queue and build the unit out from them. All construction shows a nice fade-model and uses new polygon-progress rendering. New textures are also added for the final needed steps; energizing and combat. ReadMe-file in the entry file also explains some of the basic info about game, how things should work and how you would play a finished game.

I guess musics are a must have or it won't feel like a game at all, even though there's not much to play yet Going to add that right away.

edit: And 1 thing i most likely have to abandon is UI for the AI config. Ain't nobody got time for that... But not to worry, default values for the AI config can make up for quite nice game.
    Last edited by User137; 13-09-2013 at 06:18 AM.