Hi all,

Time for me to delurk and let you know about my pet project. My partner in crime (Spirit) and I have already received some coverage thanks to Eriken and WILL , but we now have the second season of our game ready for public consumption and are waiting for players before we start the action.

The Outer Reaches - The Second Beginning is a multiplayer space strategy game thats played using a web browser (Mozilla or Firefox work best). The interface is entirely HTML and JavaScript, no Flash or Java applets.

There are many games like this around, but just in case you haven't encountered one, the general concept is research things, build them, goto war and aim for universal domination. Time in the game universe is controlled by the ticker that springs into life every hour perform all the updates necessary to make things happen in game.

You're probably wondering what this has to do with Pascal, well... the system itself runs on a mixed platform. MySQL provides database services and runs on RedHat along with our record locking/synchronisation service written with Kylix 3. The rest of the system (our web server software and the ticker) was developed with Delphi 5 and runs on Windows 2000 Server.

Feel free to drop me a mail or pop onto the Netgamers IRC network (www.netgamers.org) and pop into our channel #OuterReaches and have a chat if you want to know more. Of course, you could always sign up an account and give it a go.

Screenshots - www.outer-reaches.com/shots/ (These are from season 1, but you'll get the idea)
Game - www.outer-reaches.com
Player Portal - www.outer-reaches.net

Disclaimer:- This is a commercial venture, but the game itself is free to play with some restrictions that can be removed if you purchase account upgrade codes.