Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Working title : Trugbild

Quote Originally Posted by AirPas View Post
    here is
    Looks like the game could not create the frame buffer object. Does your graphics card (and the drivers) support frame buffer objects? If you get the time, could you please use my glCapsViewer and upload a report for your graphics card? That would help me locate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by laggyluk View Post
    on two monitors window is at desktop center. which gives it somewhat schizophrenic twist
    Yeah, I've been playing around with the FOV, and extremly wide FOVs with lots of sway create a somehwat insane look. And just for fun I added wild shaking to the screen depending on player stresslevel for internal testing, and that made the game look even more insane. But I won't add that for the final release

And I'd love to see the game on a surround setup with 3 monitors. That would be sick...
    Last edited by Sascha Willems; 11-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks for the report. It seems that your card supports framebuffers (through EXT though, and not ARB) and that it supports the texture size I'm using. So I don't really know why it crashes, but since the X1300 is based on a very old design, and several features to make it support OpenGL 2.0 are software based, I don't think I'll support it. Even if I get the FBOs to work, I noticed that it only supports version 1.10 of the shading language, but some of my shaders need at least 1.20.

But maybe I'll see what I can do about this after the contest is over, there's still lots of content to be done for the game, so time is ticking

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha Willems View Post
    So I don't really know why it crashes, but since the X1300 is based on a very old design, and several features to make it support OpenGL 2.0 are software based
    As far as I know ATI Radeon X1300 is first ATI graphic card which has full hardware support for OpenGL 2.0.

I noticed that it only supports version 1.10 of the shading language, but some of my shaders need at least 1.20.
    Version 1.20 shading language is specific to OpenGL 2.1 so you should state that minimum OpenGL version for your game is OpenGL 2.1.

@AirPas
    Are you using AMD/ATI based drivers or ones that are shipped with Windows XP. Based on my expirience the ones that are shipped with windows XP does not provide full capability of ATI based graphic cards.
    So I strongly recomend downloading and instaling newest drivers from AMD website. You could even use their driver autodetection software that you can get here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...to_detect.aspx

It's done!

I just uploaded the installer to the FTP, and you can also directly grab it from http://www.saschawillems.de/download...tion_setup.exe (~5 MBytes, Windows only)

Haven't had much time to work on it lately (lots to do at work), but I added several new chapters, lots of new decisions, did some bugfixing and added some small tweaks.

Here's a short video of the game in action.Please note that it's only 30fps, and compression doesn't do it a favor

What a game. It feels... strange... rare... This isn't bad.
    No signature provided yet.

Blog Entries
    Hey very nice. I checked out the YouTube video.

Can you upload a copy of that video to the FTP as well? (plus any screenshots you think show off the gameplay well enough) I want to use it to help cut a small video showing off all the entries from the PGD Challenge. And perhaps do one for all of them as a general showcase video for all the PGD Challenge the events. (Like what I did for the PGD Annual announcement trailers.)

Nice work completing your entry! Looks like it will be quite an interesting player experience. Rather unique too.
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Sure, I've just uploaded the video (.wmv, 720p) as well as the screenshots (all that I've posted on my page and in this thread) to the FTP. So fell free to use them for promoting PGD

Blog Entries
    Sure, I've just uploaded the video (.wmv, 720p) as well as the screenshots...
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Jason McMillen
    Pascal Game Development
    Co-Founder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123