Well, it looks even more disturbing in motion, believe me And nah, it won't be the type of game where you wet your pants. I thought about adding jump scares and stuff, but I want to create a rather depressing atmosphere, and scary demons / effects out of nowhere wouldn't fit the game's time I guess, so it'll be more of a calm "game".

And the other day I had an awesome idea about the setting of the game that perfectly fits into my initial idea. I dunno how it's for you folks out there, but I usually get the best ideas when not being near a PC. So this one came to my mind while doing some complelty boring routine stuff at home. I guess my brain is bored in such situations and decides to spit out great ideas

The game will now play in the mind of someone who's about to die and starts off during his last moments on a sickbed, with doctors and family around him / her. So upon starting the game you can see people around you talk while you're just lying there and your eyes getting more and more weary. At some point you lose consciousness and the real "game" starts, where you (that's still the same as in my initial post) guide that person through his / her thoughts. At certain points your character will suddenly wake up for a short amount of time and see more conversations between the people around him.

I made a quick drawing of how this scenery would look at work, and over the last two days I implemented it as a dynamic 2D scene into the game. It contains animated discussions, several effects and some old-school parallax effects when "looking" around. Once again this looks much better in motion, and maybe I'll get a video of the current version done tomorrow (no promise. not much time for video shenanigans).

But here are two screenshots from the game itself (click the thumbnails) :

So it's progressing along very nice, and seeing it on motion in a complete dark room with some moody dark music is kinda scary.